Are you taking advantage of the benefits of collagen? If you’re not sure what collagen is or why you should be implementing it into your everyday life, then you’re in the right place! The key to adding collagen to your diet is finding the right foods to add it to. Today we’re taking a look at the top 9 collagen recipes to help you find ways to seamlessly introduce it to your diet. Let’s get started!
What is collagen?
As one of the most prevalent proteins in the human body, collagen helps keep your bones, skin, muscle, tissue and ligaments intact. It’s the glue that keeps everything together and as you grow older, you produce less and less collagen. When this happens, your skin will become less firm and your bones and ligaments will weaken. That’s when you might begin to see more wrinkles form and feel pain in your joints.
Luckily, you can increase your collagen by taking a collagen powder. The Multi Collagen Complex is a flavorless collagen powder aids in supporting your skin, muscle and bone strength. It’s a quick and easy way to boost your collagen and help you remain as healthy as possible for as long as possible!
Benefits of taking collagen:
So are there other benefits of taking collagen? Here are some reasons to consider taking a collagen supplement:
- It may protect your brain from Alzheimer’s - Although there’s no cure for Alzheimer’s yet, one study found that taking collagen could combat proteins that attack your neurons and eventually lead to Alzheimer’s. If taking collagen on a regular basis could help protect your brain in the future, why not give it a shot?
- It promotes a healthy gut - While it’s important to take probiotics for a healthy gut and good digestion, research has found that collagen can help those dealing with IBS or other digestive issues.
- Say goodbye to joint pain - Those dealing with joint pain, especially in their knees have been found to benefit from taking collagen. Athletes were given collagen in a study over the course of 6 months and they discovered that it greatly decreased joint pain. Could collagen be the answer? You’ll just have to wait to find out.
- It could improve back pain - If you suffer from lower back pain, collagen might be exactly what you need! 20% of a study containing 200 people found that their back pain subsided after taking it for 6 months.
- You’ll have healthier nails - Brittle or broken nails are no fun. Collagen helps promote nail growth, which is perfect if you find yours are breaking off and aren’t very strong.
Tasty Collagen Recipes:
With some of the many benefits in mind, let’s get to the good stuff! These collagen recipes are delicious and easy to make.
- Strawberry smoothie bowl - You can never go wrong with a smoothie bowl and this one is healthy and mouthwatering at the same time! Smoothies are one of the easiest ways to add more collagen without even realizing it. With just a few key ingredients and within a matter of minutes you’ll have a satisfying snack. You can find the recipe here and make alterations to suit your specific needs!
- No-bake carrot cake bites - Carrot cake in small bites is something you’ll want to get behind! These no-bake bites only require a handful of ingredients that will nourish your body and help you sneak more collagen into your diet. Check out this recipe to get started.
- Chia pudding - There are so many ways to mix up chia pudding with different flavors and toppings. From chocolate to strawberry and everything in between, it’s a winning recipe! It’s also a great snack packed full of antioxidants and healthy fats. Add your collagen supplement to this chia pudding recipe.
- Lemon panna cotta - Sometimes you need to treat yourself and this dessert is the perfect way to do it. The lemon in this recipe is refreshing and is perfect any time of day!
- Red velvet mug cake - Why choose a complicated recipe when it could all be done in a mug? This mug cake is great for a single serving of dessert and you can slide some collagen in without noticing. Try out this recipe and enjoy a taste of chocolate heaven.
- Green breakfast muffins - Add collagen to these vegan green breakfast muffins and enjoy a healthy breakfast on the go! They also make for a great dessert or snack option.
- Keto cauliflower pizza - Those starting out with the keto diet will find that you can still enjoy pizza with a slight modification. This keto cauliflower pizza crust is delicious and a recipe you’ll want to keep in your back pocket!
- Chilli - Chilli is a flavorful and hearty meal that will keep you feeling full and satisfied. Use this recipe and mix in your desired amount of collagen. You’ll find this recipe will become a staple in your diet.
- Chicken stir fry - Not only is a stir fry packed with a wide variety of vegetables and nutrients but they’re easy to make and toss in some collagen while you’re at it. This 30-minute recipe is absolutely delicious and a no-brainer!
Which collagen recipe is your favorite? You’ll have to test them out for yourself and start introducing them into your diet.
Are you going to give Collagen a chance?
After taking a look at the many benefits of taking a collagen supplement, it’s clear that it can greatly increase the quality of your life.
Of course, collagen won’t solve all of your health issues. It’s important to keep your immune system strong with daily supplements and ensure you’re eating healthy foods that nourish your body!
With all of that in mind, it’s time for you to make your way to the kitchen to try these collagen recipes and see how if you notice any lasting effects.